The weather is finally warm, and we’re already daydreaming about beach trips, BBQs, and what to wear to them. This season, fashion is fun and flirty. Here are nine trends we’ve seen (will you wear them?)…
1. Short wrap dresses. I love a look that feels sexy without trying too hard. Whether solid or patterned, the dresses this season are playful with plunging necks and curve-enhancing ties at the waist.
2. One-shoulder tops. You can’t deny the allure of an off-the-shoulder top, but these days they’re so pervasive they may be entering “If I see another…” territory. Want another way to show-off some skin? These one-shouldered tops are a fun solution.
3. Graphic tees. Statement tees have been around forever; I used to borrow my boyfriend’s in college. The new ones still have that retro vibe, but everything from the cool typography to political messaging feels current.
4. Woven shoes. All things woven are having a moment, but one of the easiest summer trends is the woven shoe. Plus, braided slip-on shoes are casual enough for the beach and delicate enough to throw on with a dress at night.
5. Ruffles. A ruffle detail makes anything party appropriate. I’m eyeing the season’s wavy silhouettes — on everything from wrap skirts to blouses — for evening dates and daytime get-togethers.